Borghese Gallery Private tour
The Borghese Gallery is one of the most fascinating and unique art galleries in the world. It is located in the former Villa Borghese Pinciana and, inside, there are works by great artists such as Caravaggio, Bernini and Raphael and many others … Villa Borghese preserves an important part of the works of art from the Borghese collection started by cardinal Scipione Borghese, nephew of Pope Paul V, it contains paintings, sculptures, busts and ancient objects of various kinds. The intent was to create a “villa of delights” with the largest garden they built in Rome in ancient times.
Works to which we absolutely should pay attention are the sacred Amor and the profane Amor by Titian, works by Caravaggio that we can meet are the Child with the basket of fruit, the sick Bacchus, the San Girolamo and others. Worthy of note are works by the major artists of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries to name but a few, the Deposition by Raphael, Canova’s Paolina Bonaparte, Correggio’s Danae, the Madonna dei Palafrenieri, Venus and Love by Lucas Cranach the Elder, Apollo and Daphne by Bernini, Domenichino’s Hunt.
- Comfortable shoes
- You must leave bags or backpacks in the museum cloakroom before starting the tour
- Formal dress code, during the summer season it is recommended to have covered shoulders and knees
- Available languages English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese
- The visit lasts about two hours
- The price of 250,00 € includes the Tourist Guide and the “Skip the Line” tickets for 2 Adults